Northwest Consumers Federal Credit Union, your member owned financial institution, is committed to providing our membership with financial products and services to meet their needs and reach their financial goals. We are equally committed to protecting our member’s privacy, and their financial privacy is a priority of this credit union. We are required by law to provide this privacy notice to explain how we collect, use, and safeguard this personal financial information. If members have any questions, they may contact us at (231) 947-7600.
Information We Collect
We collect nonpublic information about our members from some or all of the following sources:
- Information we receive from members on applications or other forms, such as name, address, social security numbers, assets and income.
- Information about member transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, such as account balance, payment history, parties to transactions and credit card usage; and,
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency, such as member credit worthiness and credit history.
- Information obtained when verifying the information provided on an application or other forms. This may be obtained from current or past employers, or from other institutions where members conduct financial transactions.
Information We Disclose
We may disclose all of the nonpublic information about our members and our former members we collect as described above.
Who May Receive This Information
We may disclose the information we collect as described above to provide high quality products and services to our membership. We may disclose the information to the following types of third parties:
- Financial services providers such as mortgage bankers, securities brokers/dealers, and insurance agent.
- Companies that perform marketing services on our behalf and/or to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements.
Confidentiality and Security Measures
We restrict access to nonpublic information about members to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with Federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information. We will adhere to the privacy policies and practices as described if you decide to close your account(s) or become an inactive member.
What Members Can Do To Help Protect Their Privacy
Northwest Consumers Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect their account numbers, card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers), and passwords. Members should never keep their PIN with their debit or credit card, which can provide free access to accounts if the card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing account numbers, social security numbers, etc.
- Keep information with the credit union current. If the credit union detects potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact the member immediately. If your address or telephone numbers change, please let us know.
All member questions on this policy should be answered with good member service in mind.
Reviewed – June 2003, June 2017, July 2018, July 2019, August 2021, April 2023